Monday, September 7, 2009

No Rice

I think I at least proved my point (to myself).

We stopped stuffing the rice cereal flakes into B's nighttime bottle. I don't know where the 6 hours came from, but it didn't last. We're back to 3, 3.5 or (sometimes) 4 hour stretches. We stopped the rice thing. We gave it three nights I think, let me know if you think we stopped too prematurely, but I never really thought he was waking up due to hunger anyway. We have keep working on him putting himself to sleep - that is going to be the key to longer nights.

Not much more to report in the sleep department. Some days are good, some are not so good. When you have somewhere to go in the afternoon, your (read: my) 1.5 hour sleeper turns into an almost 2.5 hour sleeper, when you are exhausted yourself he turns into a .5 hour sleeper. Oh man...

He definitely has the cute thing going for him though :)

Just to prove the "cute" point... :)

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

You know, I never tried the rice trick so I can't give any advice there. Someone just said this last night to another mommy: Sometimes you just have to go with your mother's instincts. If you don't think it's working, then go ahead and stop it. However, if it's not really doing him any harm, then you could continue it for another week or so and see if he gets better.

Now the things I eventually had to try was having Joel get up during the night and giving him bottles of water. But this is when the dr. said that he should not be waking up for feeings anymore and was only waking up to see me due to habit. I am not telling you to do this, but only saying that's what we had to do to get him to sleep through the night.

Also, just b/c my two girlfriends were discussing this last night re: their 3-month olds, have you ever let him just fuss when he gets up and try to get himself back to sleep on his own? Just wondering. Hang in there!