Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hold Your Family Close

I hate to be a downer, but I wanted to share this message: Hold you loved ones close to you.

A friend of mine from high school will be buried tomorrow. He passed away at 31 years old, only months after getting married. I am unsure of the cause of death, but it was sudden and his family was surely not prepared. I imagine you can never be fully prepared to deal with something this horrid, but it was a reminder to me not to take the days I have been gifted for granted. It is such a gift for Jan and I to watch Blaise learn and grow.

I am grateful for every day. Even the sleepless ones.

Please keep the Alspach family in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I read his obituary online as well as some of the guest book comments. It sounds like he was a wonderful person. I will be thinking of you as well as all of his friends and family members.

Love, Kristy

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend passing away, and at such a young age. We'll be sure to keep him, his wife and family in our prayers.