Monday, July 13, 2009

Avocado Man

As I previously mentioned, I knew we were getting close to Blaise eating solids. He was showing much interest in what we eat and drink. My ultimate goal is to continue nursing until Blaise is 12 months, while he experiments with new tastes, textures and smells. After doing some internet research, I (along with Jan of course) decided to start with avocado. Why avocado, you ask? Well, they have a lot of good stuff in them and they are soft and mushy. Want more "real" information? See:

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/avocadobabyfoodrecipes.html

or

http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/avocado-baby-food.html

Seriously, what would I do without the internet? I would have to follow what everyone around me is doing without having the knowledge to make my own decisions. Yuck. Double Yuck. Thank you, Internet! (and books, too, of course, but they don't have such a nifty search function)

Last Friday was the Big Day. Blaise got some avocado. He really seemed to enjoy it, but didn't eat much. He has gotten about a tablespoon + everyday since and is enjoying his new form of nutrition. Soon we will introduce something new, not sure yet what...perhaps sweet potatoes?

I tried a little photo shoot with B the morning of the Great Avocado Adventure. It was right before his nap, so we didn't have much time.

What's this, Mommy?

Need. To. Get. Avocado.


Need. To. Sleep.

A well rested Blaise, excited about trying something new

Yummy, Mommy! I like it!

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

I'm so impressed that you put so much time and effort into choosing his foods. You're making the rest of us look bad! I think I chose my kids' first foods based on what was available at the grocery store. :) And you are so right--what would we do w/o the internet?