Friday, March 6, 2009

Dr. Stockinger

During our three weeks in the hospital, we interviewed everyone who would listen about a good pediatrician. We of course got many recommendations, but no one's name was mentioned as often as Dr. Stockinger. The only negative thing we heard about him was that he was in his 60's so would likely be retiring soon. Blaise's surgeon's comment about him was 'he knows what is wrong when you hit the door.' I thought, this is the kind of doctor we need! We really like him and he is very personable. My parents have gone with me to all our appointments and my mom has gone in with me to meet the doctor. She thanked him for treating me and not only Blaise. The first week out of the hospital I was extremely concerned about having enough milk for him and that he was gaining weight. After our appointment on Monday he told me to come back on Wednesday so we could weigh him. He always makes me feel better after talking to him. Hopefully he's a work-aholic and will never retire!




I love how he always wears jeans and a plaid shirt! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

He is so cute!!! And I'm talking about Dr. Stockinger. :-) I love the jeans and plaid shirt too. What a cool post. It's so important to have a good relationship with your pediatrician. Even if he retires soon, he'll get you guys off to a great start and be able to refer you to someone that he has confidence in. Great pics.