So, this is the ToT that I stared LAST Tuesday, but never finished. Oh well, here you go:
1. I hate vaccines. Poison, I tell you. My baby had a fever for two days. Don't try and give me reasons why they are a good thing, I will still hate them.
2. Every Advent the theater hosts their own special kind of Advent calendar. For the past three years I have enjoyed going there at 6 in the evening, enjoying a drink and about 30 minutes of musical or literary enchantment. I look forward it to every year. This year has been a disappointment. I have only been twice, but they moved it from the warm cozy atmosphere of the foyer with tables, chairs and a bar to outside. They stand on the balcony for about 6 minutes and that's it. I need to go back and give it a fair shot, but all in all it definitely isn't the same anymore. I am all about change and things remaining dynamic, but this change just seems to go against what they were trying to acheive. A small moment of peace in this fast paced time of year.
3. During my time at IU an a cappella group took over campus: Straight No Chaser. I have to admit I felt pretty cool, because I knew one of the members personally. Not like we hung out or anything, but Kelly and I spent summer of 1995 with Steve in Krefeld, Germany, as high school students. Most of you have probably heard of them in the meantime. Last year they became a nation-wide sensation, gaining unexpected exposure on youtube. They brought out Christmas CD last year, also with our friend, Steve, and this year they have released a new CD, this time however without Steve. (Who I am guessing left in order to be close to his growing family and start of his new career - anyone know for sure?)
Anyway, check their current Christmas hit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-47VmFopE
4. I was thinking about making this point its own post, but i don't have too much to say about it. I just felt the need to get something off my chest. While travelling in the US for a good 7 weeks, I felt encountered by racism more often that I would like to admit. It really came from many sides and I was rather shocked and also ashamed. When I travel at home I am travelling with my German husband and of course would like to have him see my home country in all its glory, hence being ashamed when that doesn't happen. I am not without fault when it comes to being judgemental or stereotypical, but it really is something that I try and be aware of, and that is what I am asking of you this season - be aware of what you are saying and the message you are sending out.
5. Blaise loves clapping!! He does it randomly, when he sees others doing it, when he hears others doing it, when you say "clap clap" and after songs! :)
6. I finally got back to working out last week. It felt good and I'm looking forward to being on my schedules especially through the holiday season!
7. My friend Kathy and I went to see a theatrical production of Peter Pan last weekend. It was really great and we got a kick out of the kids in the audience! They were very interactive and great at cheering on Pan and rescuing faires!
8. After having watched the 6th Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I decided to go back and read the book. It seemed like the movie was different in a few places and I thought I remembered some things that the movie didn't address. It had been two years since I re-read all the books before the last book came out (something I am really glad I did). Anyway, after re-re-reading the book I was pretty disappointed in the movie - it had some redeemable parts, but all in all there were some (I feel) very important parts missing and I am wondering how they are going to tie it all together in the next movie. Thoughts?
9. Grandma Rose and Grandpa Lynn safely arrived last Friday. They will be staying with us for Christmas, New Year's and Blaise's 1st Birthday.
10. We have been playing a lot of uchre in the evenings after Blaise goes to bed. Michelle/Jan: 4 Grandma/Grandpa: 2 :) (not that I'm counting...;) )