Saturday, August 16, 2008

19 weeks and getting bigger!

I can't believe I am so close to half way - these past few weeks have really flown by. I guess we've been busy. Here is my 19w 1d picture. Not sure it looks different than 17 weeks, but it sure is! Yesterday was the first day I wore a maternity top - I still fit into my other tops, but they're a bit tight :) My mom sent me a package the other day from the Mall of America with a couple tops, so I thought I'd try one out. Thanks mom!

Exactly at 19 weeks I started feeling movement. I wasn't sure at first if it was the baby, but I've had similar sensations in the same place since. Last night we were watching the Olympic recap for the day and the baby was jumping! Jan was even able to feel kicks, which I wasn't sure was possible this early. I have to admit it wasn't as weird as I thought it would be - I was having alien-like premonitions, but it wasn't that freaky. It was cool to actually feel what we already know - someone is growing in there!

4 comments:

APMom said...

How amazing, isn't it when that little one moves inside you? It can be tough to remember how wonderful it is though when you're trying to sleep and the baby wants to continually kick you in the ribs! :) Continue to enjoy every minute.

jenlnew said...

You just look so cute! I remember the 1st time Avery kicked, and she's been kicking me one way or another ever since! : ) That and the 1st time I heard her heartbeat was when I knew that there was really something wonderful growing inside me. I voted that you're having a girl, I'm going with the fact that my dad and your dad had all girls and the fact that I had a girl first too. Maybe that means you'll have a boy 1st then. I guess we'll soon see! Whatever the gender, the baby will be so loved!

Jen said...

That's too cool. Congratulations on feeling the baby move. That makes it fun for Jan b/c he can feel connected even more. You look great!

IUgirl78 said...

Yay!!! What a great feeling to feel the baby moving. So precious!!! Since your baby was so active during the Olympics, I'm wondering if he/she might be a future Olympian??

You look fabulous, by the way!